Again, I’m doing some catchup from the previous week. I’ve been super busy trying to keep up with my new job, and my fatherly/husband duties. Here is a good exaple of how I dealt with my busy schedule last week.
I did manage to 9 hrs in, 6.5 of those were indoors. I don’t necessary like riding indoors, but by riding, I stay fit, and I get quality workouts in a short period of time.
I’m now in my Base 3 phase, which brings in Muscular Endurance sessions. These sessions are hard, but I most enjoy them. Muscular Endurance is one of my strengths. These sessions include longer Tempo rides at zones 3 and 4, and built not only the strength you need for long hard efforts, but builds your aerobic capacity. Perfect for mountain bike racing.
Here is what I did for last week. During the week, I used my early morning time at the gym for weights and lunch break for indoor trainer rides.
- Monday – Steady State Intervals, 3×12 with 6 min recovery between intervals. Also a Strength workout at the gym.
- Tuesday – OverUnder Intervals, 3×9
- Wednesday – Rest
- Thursday – 2x30min temp, at zone 3-4. After the second interval, I spun easy to complete 1.5hrs
- Friday – Steady Spin in zone 2 – 40 min
- Saturday – OverUnder Intervals 3×9. Also a strength workout at the gym.
- Sunday 2.5 hr MTB ride, lots of hills and riding in zone 3 and 4.