Achieve your Leadville 100 MTB race goals with the MTBCoach Leadville 100 MTB Race Training Plan. Whether you are a veteran of the race and want to PR or you are a first-timer this plan is designed to help you meet your goal. This is not just a list of workouts, but a compressive guide to succeeding in the race. The plan is designed for someone that has a flexible schedule, is self-motivated and can follow the guide with little interaction from the coach. For those people that need more structured help and interaction throughout the training process, you’ll want our Basic Coaching and Personal Coaching services.
With the purchase of the training plan you will receive the following:
You’ll get the MTBCoach MTB 100 Mile Race Training Base and Build plans with this program. The training schedule starts 24 weeks out from race day. The workouts are designed to create a strong aerobic fitness and progressively build up to 2 weeks before race day and taper two weeks prior to the race. The 12-week includes the Build only plan which starts 12 weeks from race day and focuses primarily on race-specific workouts.
The workout schedule is delivered to your TrainingPeaks account. You will be able to see your schedule, have the workouts emailed daily and upload your training sessions to review your progress.
Talk with the Coach
Schedule two 60 min consulting sessions with a coach to discuss your goals and ask questions about your training plan, pacing, nutrition, equipment, etc. The 12-week program includes one 60 min session.
If you upload your workout sessions to TrainingPeaks the coach can review your progress and give you suggestions or feedback on your workouts.
With the purchase of this plan, you get access to our private Facebook group and get expert advice on training, racing and equipment choices. You can also interact with other members for their advice and experience.
Nutrition is a key factor in endurance training and racing. Improper fueling can ruin your training and destroy your race. The MTBCoach nutrition guides provide the details on how what and when to eat, along with a race day meal plan and race fueling strategy.
The Training and Racing handbook provides information to help you through the training process, prepare you for race day and execute your race with a nutrition and pacing guide.
The Leadville 100 MTB Race Training Plan details:
- 12 or 24-week workout schedule.
- Two 60 min consult (12-week program has one 60min consult)
- The MTBCoach Nutrition guide for Base Training (12 and 24-week program)
- The MTBCoach Nutrition guide for Build Training and Racing (12-week program only)
- The MTBCoach Training and Racing Handbook, which includes information about how to use the training plan, execute workouts, nutrition, rest and recovery and much more
- Workouts are online via website or mobile app using your free TrainingPeaks.com account
- A daily email reminder with detailed workouts
- Workouts built for use with a Power Meter, Heart Rate Monitor or Perceived Exertion
- 10% discount on Infinit Nutrition, training and race fuel.