This past week was another rest week for me. I needed it. I felt tired after the previous Build 1 phase. So I reduced my volume on the bike, but got a good two days of high intensity.
- Monday – In the AM I did a strength workout. I could feel my legs were still tired from the previous Saturday Race, but it still felt good to get the workout in. In the afternoon I took and EASY 1.5 hr MTB ride. I wanted to scout out some trails that have had a lot of snow. They are CLEAR now!
- Tuesday – I did absolutely nothing on the bike or weights. A full rest day!
- Wednesday – I needed to start preparing for Build 2 phase, so I did 3x6min Hill Repeats. They were hard, but I know this will help my campaign later when we start the climbing. The Hill repeats included 3 6 minutes climbs at zone 4.5 or higher. This will build my LT and power for climbing.
- Thursday – A 1.75 hr ride on the road to Ned and Back. I kept it in zone 2 for most of the ride.
- Friday – Another MTB ride to scout out more trails. I hit the hills hard, and had fun on the descents. The north facing trails are now clear. They are still a little wet, and there are a LOT of downed trees.
- Saturday – In the AM I did a strength workout, and included the upper body too. I try to do the upper body once a week. This really helps with my control on the bike for downhills and also for maneuvering the technical sections. I also had a bike fit to get me positioned right on my new road bike. To complete the day, I took the kids for a ride in town on the Boulder Creek trail. For me it was REALLY slow, but it was a good spin and the kids enjoyed it.
- Sunday- Wondervue GGC loop