Updated on March 4 2107
I often get asked about a good post workout smoothie recipe to aid in post recovery. I’ve been making this smoothie right after about every workout for years. I find it provides good energy, and gets the muscles ready for another day of training. It’s filled with antioxidants, protein, and good carbs that will quickly replenish the glycogen. The beet powder/juice and spinach/kale carry Nitric Oxide which allows more oxygen to your muscles.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries (provides carbs and quick energy)
- 2-3 cup water for consistency. less water makes a thicker blend
- 4-5 Ice cubes if desired
- 1 serving of Whey Isolate, Soy or vegan protein powder. (rebuilds muscles)
- 1 cup Spinach and/or Kale (increase oxygen intake of the muscles)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (provide energy to your muscles)
- 1 serving raw almonds (about 9) optional (reduces inflammation)
- 2 tbsp chia or heap seeds (reduces inflammation)
- 1-2 thin slices of ginger (reduces inflammation)
- 2-3 tbsp beet powder or 1/2 cup beet juice (increase oxygen intake of the muscles)
Put it all in a blender and mix well. Drink and Enjoy!